CTEC Courses

CTEC Classes

CTEC Renewal

IRS Annual Filing Season Program

I am not yet registered as a tax preparer in California.  Which course do I take to become a certified tax professional?

You need to successfully complete an entry-level course before registering with CTEC.  This basic tax course is often referred to as CTEC qualifying education, the 60-hour course, or -- as we call it -- the California beginner course

We are not offering the beginner course at this time.  Please click on the following link to search for a CTEC-approved qualifying education provider:



Back to Frequently Asked Questions 


CTEC Approved Provider